Friday 11 May 2012

Special Collections Careers: a workshop at the CILIP New Professionals Day #cilipnpd12

Today I'm facilitating a workshop on special collections librarianship at the CILIP New Professionals Day. I've produced a couple of resources to accompany the workshop, and to give those who couldn't make it some idea what I said.

First of all, an overview of the whole field, including what special collections are, what special collections librarians do, how to get into special collections work, and how to keep up to date.  This is available as a prezi (see below), or as a pdf to download and keep.




As well as that, a short slidedeck about my career so far.  (If you're interested in this, you might also like my Library Routes and Roots post.)

Watch this space for a post about some of the 'hot issues' in special collections librarianship, to include digital humanities, outreach, marketing and cataloguing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment