Friday 15 April 2011

Off to a conference...

This year's LILAC, the Librarians’ Information Literacy Annual Conference, is happening next Monday to Wednesday at the British Library and LSE in London. I'm excited to say that I'm going to be there - the first time I've been to a major conference.
'Lilac in the sun' by**Aina** on Flickr
'Lilac in the sun' by**Aina** on Flickr

Niamh Tumelty and I will be giving a paper about Library TeachMeets, as part of the conference's 'New to Teaching' strand. If you can't make it to the conference, or want to refresh your memory after the fact, then our slides are available via Slideshare.

I have been lucky enough to win some money from the Alison Northover Bursary run by CILIP's University, College & Research Group, to cover the costs of attending.  Sadly, as the bursary was only announced this week, I'm only able to get to the Monday, when Niamh and I are speaking.  The UC&R have, however, generously suggested that the remaining money might be used for other CPD, and I'm now thinking of suggesting that it go towards a day at Umbrella in July.  So an enormous thank you to them, and to those who helped me with my application for the bursary.

I'll be writing up my experiences of LILAC next week - in the meantime, I need to get prepared.

0 comments:

Post a Comment