Sunday 20 March 2011

Blowing my own trumpet

'Inside trumpet' by Nick-K (Nikos Koutoulas) on Flickr
Yesterday did go with a bang.  460+ people came to the Old Library exhibition, and the three talks had splendid audiences, both in numbers and in enthusiasm.  Before I packed up and left last night I went through the evaluation forms that visitors submitted, and I can't resist sharing this comment about my Hoyle talk and exhibition with the world:
The talk was beautifully structured and professionally & enthusiastically delivered. The 10 objects were inspirational. Thanks for all the painstaking effort and passion.
Owing to a few technical difficulties, the recording of my talk is sadly currently unavailable, but you can see the ten objects in this online exhibition.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats Katie. Glad it went so well. Good luck in the new post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Katie! I love the 10 Objects you chose and how you're presented them - perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both. Choosing the objects was *really* hard - there were certain areas of Hoyle's life I wanted to cover, and I wanted the objects to be mainly things that hadn't had much previous attention. But I also wanted at least some of them to be visually striking - a lot of things to balance!

    People have responded to them with great enthusiasm, though, so I'm very pleased and relieved.

    ReplyDelete